Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the other day i was trying to be positive

Then again, it was a significant amount of time ago... but anyway... I made a list of things that I like. So I guess day by day, I will list them, describe and try my hardest to have an accompanying picture-type-thing.

Number One: Food.

In my google reader (these things are awesome - sadly, they are terribly addictive, i spend all my time looking at pictures of cats, dogs, food and comics instead of things like Facebook updates.. improvement? I think so) I've subscribed to some feeds about food, such as The Kitchn, Just Bento, and a few others.

When I lived with my dad, he did all the cooking. I barely knew how to make toast, let alone cook. But after moving in with my ma, i discovered cooking and the awesomeness of it all. I love the prep, the smells, being the first one to stick my (clean) finger in something to see if it's ok and all of the above. It's therapeutic for me, and is always a nice way to end my day... although Uni has ruined this recently. I get home sometimes around 6 and Litia (the awesome older lady who has been coming to do things like cleaning and whatnot) is often the one to make up for my tardiness on some days.

When it comes to what I like to eat, there's an.. odd, i suppose, variety of things. There's dhal, a lentil soup I've loved for ages and ages, and sashimi, sushi, salads, steaks, stir fry things, noodles.. a whole bunch of things. And, of course, theres chocolate. Sadly, I have developed some sort of super-speed eating habit, and this is mostly associated with things like chocolate. Good things never last.. /sigh :P

Alrighty then, that'e enough from me for today, stay tuned for the update tomorrow (hopefully) - "GAMES"

<---This is good for you.. because it is food.

1 comment:

Sharky said...

oooh! I also have The Kitchn and Just Bento on my reader feed! You should also check out Joy the Baker and smitten kitchen.

and my absolute all time favourite, which is bookmarked instead (to show just how special it actually is) ...the pioneer woman. :)

Also, easter eggs season tis... mmmmm.