Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the first proper day

So ive been going to USP and back a few times, trying to sort out all my whatnots and stuff. I have to change one of my majors and the student services have been sitting on that for a while. In a word how has it been at USP so far? Frustrating. Im not really glad, but i guess its good to know that this happens to other students too. Today was orientation for the part of the school i knew i was definitely in. There are these evil things called UU classes which are for basic skill brush up classes. One is computer literacy and the other is english for academic purposes. having pretty good english, its the only language that i can speak with confidence (i know some french, but i dont like using it, and when it comes to hindi - even fiji hindi- and fijian im lost as any other useless person) and I spend a lot of time on computers so I guess the computer literacy one wont be too much either.

so today i went to orientation, so that was very much to do. There were few speeches to sit through - i drew in my friends book for her- and we walked out at some point to look for our mutual friend who was a "mother" dispenser. Im not too much a fan of mother, mostly because it go uber hyper and start rattling off really, really fast. We walked around, we got free stuff, looked at a line for student services and then turned around, we met up with another friend, went for lunch, went to get a switch for my place (i can use internet almost all the time now, score!), and we went to the bank for one of my friends, had a sit down at mcdonalds.... many things happened today. then i tried to rest but went to town again with my mam - she made me get my eyebrows done, so i paid someone to hurt my forehead, then we got some food, saw my extended family peoples and now we're home.

Its been a long day, I miss doing femLINK stuff already and Im not looking forward to going to usp first thing tomorrow. but i will sort out, i will sort out, i will, i will, i will sort out - all this stuff tomorrow (like its a song or something. thats how it should be in your head).. Cheery bye :)

No comments: