Sunday, July 25, 2010

Je suis un peu triste... mais pas beaucoup.

Hey there. I'm warning you, this is going to be a little emo. I'm sorry but the thing is… I’ve been having a terrible week. It’s all lies, lies, lies and more lies, everywhere. Sure, I'm being a relative douche to my family and I hate myself for that. I hate how I'm disappointing everyone. I especially hate how I always manage to make my mother unhappy. I'm scared of her, and I'm terrified that I'm going to grow up and she and the rest of my family won’t want to have anything to do with me. I try to make them happy, I try at school but I'm stuck with a B grade, and I can’t do any better… I hate even thinking about University because all I want to do is Art school, but I know it’s not practical enough. I can’t bring it up because I feel bad even thinking about the money it takes to put up a portfolio space thing… I can’t ask that of her. I love my mother and I try to do anything that I can to keep her happy, but from time to time I just want a little space, and I know I probably am too young or have too much to do to have any space of me time. I'm really not reacting well to the new school week. I have to say though, friends like Salmon, Milkshake and especially Chocolate Milk and Wholemeal are making it easier to get through the days. That and occasional knocking out in the afternoon. If there’s one thing I hate about sleep… well, it’s a tie between the icky taste in my mouth when I wake up and the nightmares. I’ve been having them a lot lately. I don’t think it’s something to worry about. I probably have to just stop eating just before sleep.

In other news, Persepolis is an amazingly awesome movie. Well, the books are good, but the film adaptation is just as good. I cried a little, especially when her uncle Anoush gets executed. I also cried right at the end, when I found out that Marjane Satrapi’s grandmother died. I didn’t know… and she seems so close to her grandmother, not to mention that her grandmother seems to have been an awesome person. It also helped with my French a bit, seeing as it’s in French. I didn’t always have to read the subtitles… Okay… time to get some work done.