Tuesday, December 8, 2009

From notes from a function

I went to a ywca thing tonight. so i made notes during some things.
  • During the singing of "Silent Night" by a choir, i realised that it wasnt the version i was used to singing. this version was powerful and too loud and very very slow. Maybe someone should trying rapping "silent night". Maybe someone has.
  • I also noticed that politicians are horrible at speaking here. they suck at impromptu and make lame political speeches too. or maybe its just how i feel.
  • I liked the choir. they sounded cool. A little too loud though. but that was a speaker problem imo.
  • during the prayer, the woman praying said that what happened in our country was God's discipline. i wasnt going to pay any attention to the prayer. then it started off with all the trimmings. so i thought "oooh. conservative religious fundamentalist! let's see what crazy has to say". i really didnt like it. i was angry by the end of the prayer.
  • i was questioned about my job. it made me confused. i was also terrified because the lesbian woman was standing a little close. it scared me. she also tried to kill my dreams of uni. apparently i might not adjust well to australia. im not useless.
So i add a picture of Gary Larson's God. i have the same image of god in my head. i blame him. i grew up with his comics. Him and Charles Shultz.

I lol at these a lot.
reality_god_computer.jpg (328×404)

No comments: