Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Im having some trouble sleeping...

So I decided to blog. I know I said that I wouldnt have time to do this... but guess what? Its midnight and I cant sleep. I mean, my head is a little bothered, but apart from that im happy.

Im going to tell a story now. I need to clear my head. There was once a little person who never knew what it wanted. It thought every day, and every day there was something different. At first, the person wanted to be adventurous and drive a race car. This was around the time that the little person discovered just how silly school was. So this person looked for other things that it could do that didnt need school; a cleaner or a farmer? Which could the little person do? The little person got a little bit older and realised that it could not avoid this thing called school, and it began to dream bigger. Perhaps, thought the little person, I could be a lawyer and help people who are in trouble! But as soon as the little person realised that law school was expensive and would take many years, it gave up with that dream. Also, the little person figured that people should fix their own messes. Perhaps, thought the little person a while later, I could be a marine biologist and fix the coral reefs! The little person then realised that it was hopeless at sciences, and put away that dream too. Sad things happened to the little person, it lost its grandfather. I know, thought the little person, Ill be a doctor and find a way to save people like grandpa. But no, medical school required sciences and would take longer than law school... so the little person put that away too. Years went but, the little person got closer to being a person. It was told that it could be a lawyer, a doctor, a chemist, a teacher, and nurse, a pilot and many many other things. The little-ish person always put away these imposed dreams. They arent what I want, thought the little-ish person. More years went by, and the little-ish person worked at a few places, and became a full person. The person thought, I want to change the world. The person wanted to run a media outlet. It seemed like a proper enough dream. But there was always one dream that the person, now not so little at all, would pull out from time to time. The dream of being like its father, of being a dreamer, an artist. Always the person put this dream away saying that it wouldnt be smart, or practical, or that the person would never be successful; the person wasnt the right person for that. But as I said, every now and again, the person pulls out that dream and hugs it tight. Its a happy dream. That person has realised that the only dreams worth turning into truths, into reality, are the dreams that make people happy. Now, as I tell you this, this person, now not really little, has put this dream away, but dreams of a bigger happiness. A happiness with a who, not a what. Would that dream be something that the person puts away?

1 comment:

None said...

wow i was moved by your story! i hope the little person, yet not so little anymore doesn't put that dream away!