Saturday, November 17, 2012

the problem i have with the internet

I live in a developing country and it doesnt suck but often makes me super sad when im sitting at my computer.
I dont own a credit card, I can barely find games I want to play and internet here is way too expensive. I didnt realise all of this until i went to melbourne and then to the US.
over there, internet prices drop like nobodys business because of the simple supply/demand rule with competition.
everyone elesewhere is like "look! CHOICES!"
apps, cloud storage, etc etc etc...
all my excitement is dampened because..well... internet here is not reliable. YES IM TALKING TO YOU, DEAREST ISP.
my internet likes to drop randomly. data is expensive and while in the past few years Ive seen my internet speeds go "woosh" from "neghhhh i'll just stroll" Ive barely seen anything load or download as fast as I have elsewhere.
Maybe im just complaining because when I get to campus or something I get told they wont configure my tablet or phones are not allowed to access the internet and if you want to check your email you have to find a virus-filled computer because silly people manage to fill them with viruses or the school system is just super slow.
maybe im beating a dead horse or poking the internet guardians in the eye by saying I DO NOT LIKE THIS Y U NO PROVIDE BETTER INTERWEBS TO ME.
ah well.
3rd world problems of the privileged.

No comments: